Friday, February 14, 2014

Hannah's Random Rants: Valentine's Day?

Happy Valentines Day! 
Hello readers! I've decided to create a section of my blog called, "Hannah's Random Rants!" I am unsure if I truly want to write a "Today in History" post every day, so I want to create a section where I may blog about philosophical ideas, issues in the world, or really, anything! Some of it may not make total sense because it is the spontaneous thoughts of my zany mind.

Since today is Valentine's Day, I started to wonder:

Why do we have special days for specific appreciations? Days like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Father's Day are specific days to appreciate the respected figure, but shouldn't we appreciate these figures everyday?

Not everybody can even call these days a holiday, because not everyone has a valentine, mother, or father. For the ones who do, why do we take one day out of 365 days (366 on leap years!) to give the recognition that we should be giving to them everyday?

At least for me, everyday when I come home from school, I greet my mother with a big, "HI MOMMY," and a great-big-hug. Yet on Mother's Day, I cook her a special meal and commit most of the day just to her. I understand that it is a day to make one another feel special, but why can't we as a society appreciate everyone's skill and occupation everyday? We can make it customary to value the worth in others everyday with little change.

What is that change? Its still stuck in thick fog unfortunately. I think that this may be a slim change, but what we can do is create an appreciation day for everyone. Simply an appreciation day. This make my post very redundant and contradictory, but I think is a step to more peace in the world.

What do you guys think? I want these rants to act as a discussion board where you guys can express your thoughts. 

Love life and eat noodles <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment