Monday, February 17, 2014

Hannah's Random Rants: Friends on Facebook

Hello readers! I'm back with another rant, and this time it is about the magical world of Facebook!

Facebook has become an addiction to many. Some use Facebook for their games, others use it to post photos of the friends, family, and food. Others believe that Facebook is about getting the most likes, or the most friends.

Vying for the most number of friends on Facebook is my pet peeve. Though those who implore for likes can be a nuisance, those who compete with others for the "most friends on Facebook" award is what utterly irks me.

I'm not talking about the people that have five hundred friends (I, myself have five hundred friends on Facebook), and I'm not bashing people with one thousand friends on Facebook. I understand having the presense of hundreds of people viewing your profile is nessecary for school and other occupational purposes, but some people do not think that's enough: they think that adding someone after they met for five minutes is worthy of being their friend on Facebook. There are even people who add friends of friends they have never met! There are even rare scenerios where I've had friend requests from people I have no relation/mutual friends.

Remember that Facebook should be used as a social media outlet to connect with your friends and family, but also follow the post of businesses and famous people. Your friends on Facebook are meant to be YOUR friends. Are you friends with someone you met once?

I have added some people on Facebook after meeting them once, but that is because I know that I will communicate with them in the future. There are even some people that I see everyday and talk to that I don't even add on Facebook.

I guess my point here is this: don't add people on Facebook you barely even know. You never know what they will do with the information you share to them when they become your friend on Facebook.

Facebook is an amazing outlet for connecting and aiding our communications, but I honestly hate it when people just add me, even though I don't have a clue who they are or when we will ever talk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment